Thu, Jul 14|
Daring in Idaho, wellness center
Earth•Story•Spirit Women's Circle - Boise
Become part of a nourishing Women's Circle in Boise!
Time & Location
Jul 14, 2022, 5:30 PM – 7:30 PM
Daring in Idaho, wellness center, 1005 E Park Blvd, Boise, ID 83712, USA
About the Event
Recently I distributed a survey to help me clarify the needs I might be able to meet through my work. The results revealed that what is most desired by the women I work with are COMMUNITY and SPIRITUAL GROWTH! This is what women are telling me they want and need.
Additionally, the winning “topic” out of a list I provided for potential classes/workshops was ESTABLISHING WOMEN’S CIRCLES!
In response to this need, I developed a 9-month program to help establish nourishing and sustainable Women’s Circles. I will facilitate each small Circle sharing content, skills, and practices to build trust, purpose, and shared leadership. I am offering 3 of these 9-month programs over the next year in the following places, times, & formats:
- LIVE in Boise, second Thursdays, July 2022 through March 2023, 5:30-7:30pm at Daring in Idaho wellness center, 1005 E. Park Blvd
- LIVE in McCall, second Mondays, July 2022 through March 2023
- online from ANYWHERE via ZOOM, one weekday evening per month, September 2022 through May 2023
What is a Women’s Circle? Why would you want to be part of one? and Why should you pay for something as intangible as community?
• a Women’s Circle is a group of women who come together to share a journey of personal growth, to explore
spirituality in safe and inclusive way, and to find community
• being a part of a Women’s Circle can be supportive and nourishing; circles can provide accountability, a space to be
vulnerable, a space to support others, a place to belong, a place to discover and express your most authentic self, a
place to be accepted as you are, a place to develop collective power
• establishing a women’s circle (or any lasting, purpose-based group) can be challenging; a safe container must be
built over time, deep commitment is necessary, and someone with leadership skills needs to plant the seed and help
it grow. You certainly don’t need a class to create a circle, but a class can provide initial leadership to pull a
group together; a space for learning, trusting, and growing together; practice in basic skills; and help in shaping
meaningful activities and defining shared purpose
Each Women's Circle will meet monthly for two hour sessions, and I will act as facilitator and guide. Each group will be small, limited to a maximum of 9 members (and requiring a minimum of 5).
While each group will ultimately decide upon its own unique shared purpose, we will begin with a general content structure rooted in Earth (being grounded in body, earth, season, and place), Story (owning and living our own stories, seeing the stories around us, sampling the wisdom of traditional story), and Spirit (exploring how we feel connected, how we experience awe and mystery, how we find and make meaning).
In addition to sharing content knowledge, along the way I will facilitate group skill-building in communication, organization, conflict resolution, time management, using the Listening Circle effectively, defining roles and expectations, shared leadership, articulating the group’s unique purpose, holding space for vulnerability, and working with ritual structure and purpose. I will draw from resources and recent research on building supportive culture, gathering with intent, holding space for growth, and sharing leadership.
Over the course of nine months, each session will support group members toward growing participation, shared leadership, and independence so that the Circle can sustain itself without the “class” container or my facilitation after we finish our time together. Participants will also emerge with the knowledge and skills necessary to create their own additional Women’s Circles, if desired.
Ways to jump into Circle -
• take the risk, trust the process, & sign on solo (you won’t be alone for long!)
• build synergy, hold hands - join with a friend or two
• register now or contact me to find out about payment plans: firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-271-6583
Women's Circle - Boise