Thu, Jul 14|
Location is TBD
Earth•Story•Spirit Women's Circle - Boise
Become part of a small Women's Circle in Boise through this 9-month program!
Time & Location
Jul 14, 5:00 PM – 7:00 PM
Location is TBD
About the Event
Recently I sent a survey out to a number of women to help me clarify the needs I might be able to meet through my work. The results revealed that what is most desired from my classes, retreats, workshops, and coaching are (drum roll): COMMUNITY and SPIRITUAL GROWTH! This is what women are telling me they want and need.
Additionally, the winning “topic” out of a list I provided for potential classes/workshops was (second drum roll): ESTABLISHING WOMEN’S CIRCLES!
So. . . here we go!
In response to this need, I have enthusiastically created a 9-month class series to help women establish Women’s Circles! I will offer 3 of these 9-month Women's Circle "Incubator" programs over the next year in the following places, times, & formats:
• live in Boise, one weekday evening per month, July 2022 through March 2023
• live in McCall, one weekday evening per month, July 2022 through March 2023
• online from ANYWHERE via ZOOM, one weekday evening per month, September 2022 through May 2023
What is a Women’s Circle? Why would you want to be part of one? and Why should you pay for something as intangible as community?
• a Women’s Circle is a group of women who come together to share a journey of personal growth, to explore
spirituality in safe and inclusive way, and to find community
• being a part of a Women’s Circle can be supportive and nourishing; circles can provide accountability, a space to be
vulnerable, a space to support others, a place to belong, a place to discover and express your most authentic self, a
place to be accepted as you are
• establishing a women’s circle (or any lasting, purpose-based group) can be challenging; a safe container must be
built over time, deep commitment is necessary, and someone with leadership skills needs to plant the seed and help
it grow. You certainly don’t need a class to create a circle, but a class can provide initial leadership to pull a
group together; a space for learning, trusting, and growing together; practice in basic skills; and help in shaping
meaningful activities and defining shared purpose
Each Women's Circle will meet monthly for two hours each time, and I will act as facilitator and guide. Each group will be small, limited to a maximum of 9 members (and requiring a minimum of 5).
While each group will ultimately decide upon its own unique shared purpose, we will begin with a general content structure rooted in Earth (being grounded in body, earth, season, and place), Story (owning and living our own stories, seeing the stories around us, sampling the wisdom of traditional story), and Spirit (exploring how we feel connected, how we experience awe and mystery, how we find and make meaning).
In addition to sharing content knowledge, along the way I will facilitate group skill-building in communication, organization, conflict resolution, time management, using the Listening Circle effectively, defining roles and expectations, sharing leadership, articulating the group’s unique purpose, holding space for vulnerability, and working with ritual structure and purpose. I will draw from resources and recent research on building supportive culture, gathering with intent, holding space for growth, and sharing leadership. I will also offer ideas, tips, and observations from my own work with women and my own Circle experience.
Over the course of nine months, each session will support group members toward growing participation, shared leadership, and independence so that the Circle can sustain itself without the “class” container or my facilitation after we finish our time together. Participants will also emerge with the knowledge and skills necessary to create their own additional Women’s Circles, if desired.
Ways to jump into Circle -
the planned sessions:
• take the risk, trust the process, & sign on solo (you won’t be alone for long!)
• build synergy, hold hands - join with a friend or two
• register now or contact me to find out about payment plans: firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-271-6583
OR . . .
• If you would like to gather your OWN group of 5-9 women together and set up a Women's Circle Incubator program
with me separately, please contact me!
Women's Circle Boise